Time: 5 minutes to make, 12 hours to set
// SUPPLIES //
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid (buy online or most health food stores carry it)
2 tablespoons epsom salts
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon beet juice (I use the juice from canned beets)
4 drops grapefruit essential oil
1 teaspoon water (or more if necessary)
Large ice cream scoop or bath bomb moulds for full circular shaped bath bombs
// INSTRUCTIONS //
1. In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, and epsom salts. Stir well.
2. In a smaller bowl combine coconut oil, beet juice and essential oil
3. Slowly whisk in wet ingredients into dry. It should reach a crumbly consistency.
4. Your mixture is ready when you can mould it into a shape and it sticks without coming apart. If it is too crumbly, add in water, 1 tsp at a time. Mixture should be dry but able to hold a shape.
5. To shape your bath bombs either pack them into a large ice cream scoop or use your moulds.
6. Remove carefully and place on a baking sheet to dry overnight or for at least 12 hours.
To use: just drop into a hot bath and let it fizz while you soak in the suds, smells and silky moisturizing coconut oil.